Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New glasses are a pain

(7 Posts)
Elisabennet Sun 19-Jul-15 08:57:19

Hello, please help. Went to get new glasses. Results were awful, made me sick. Felt a problem with left eye where I was short sighted with astigmatism (blurred vision). Gone back and they changed prescription to lower prescription which doesn't make me sick but can't see as well and is lower than what I used to have. Could the problem have been the axis, i can't wear these.....feeling down really. Thanks.

ElizaPickford Sun 19-Jul-15 09:05:39

I had this last year (should NOT have gone to Specsavers.) First they got the prescription wrong, then they put the lenses in the wrong way (too far down) and it took 4 attempts to get to a point that they are nearly right, but not quite. I gave up in the end and i'm still switching between my old battered pair and my new smart blurry pair. I really should have gone back, and you should too, until they get it right, or get your money back and go elsewhere. Easy to say though, I gave up and started to find the whole thing really made me anxious and upset. Hope you get it sorted. flowers

Ladygaggia Sun 19-Jul-15 09:06:14

Go back again. If they adjust the axis then you will experience dizziness and feel ill initially, it will wear off, but if you can't cope with the feelings then maybe they adjusted it too much???

Elisabennet Sun 19-Jul-15 09:11:29

Thanks. what does a change of axis do, and what happens if they get it wrong? I feel like giving up really, but who has a £300 to waste....

HappydaysArehere Sun 19-Jul-15 09:23:34

Same thing. They handed me my transitional lenses and told me to look across the room. I couldn't see the poster printing but when I changed to the old pair I could. They took me in to retest me. I was told it was correct. Perhaps I should persist. I did this for a couple of days and then went back. I asked for the person who seemed to be in charge to look at them. Turned out they had got the transitional part wrong. He organised new lenses and there was a vast improvement. However, I needed a couple of other visits before my glasses were comfortable. So don't put up with unsuitable glasses. They advertise reimbursement etc but within a set period. Good luck.

Elisabennet Sun 19-Jul-15 09:54:04

Thanks, I will.

chloesmumtoo Mon 20-Jul-15 14:06:46

My DD complain a lot about her glasses so we had to take her back. Turned out that some people don't get on with the thinned lenses. Re made them without them thinned and she is fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now