Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Talk me down - possible Lupus

(1 Post)
Mankyscotslass Fri 17-Jul-15 20:27:15

Background - DM misdiagnosed 20 years ago with arthritis, after critical flare when she was staying with me she was hospitalized and diagnosed with Lupus. She has it all - nervous system, joint pain, lung problems, heart problems, eye and skin problems, strokes, and fits. Really not well and no real quality of life, though she is a determined old bat and says they will have to shoot her. hmm grin

6 weeks ago I started with joint pain in my hands and knees.

I went to the GP today. He says because of my familial history, and I have a skin condition they have previously treated as Rosacea due to no other clinical evidence, he now wants to test again for Lupus. He says I am at the classic age range for presenting with Lupus, though he has been honest and said it may be something else - I am 44.

I'm booked in for bloods to get done in 2 weeks time - he says even if the bloods come back negative for Lupus the will test me every 3-6 months going forward - but due to the swelling and pain he thinks there is definitely something going on - and it doesn't present as Rheumatoid.

I have a strong family history of other Auto-immune conditions and Thyroid problems.

So now I am looking at my mother and freaking out. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now