Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grrrrrrr warts !

(12 Posts)
Cozyhome Thu 16-Jul-15 21:54:53

Hi my daughter age 10 has several warts on one hand...
Has anyone got a miracle remedy they can swear by . Bazuka doesn't work nor does Salacatel ... Please , she's getting very bothered by them now.
Thanks

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 16-Jul-15 22:43:25

Have you seen the GP? At the same age I had SEVENTEEN warts on my hands and the doctor gave us some highly evil stuff which I put on nightly. First I had to soak my hands in warm water, then pumice the warts lightly, then apply the stuff. It worked beautifully.

Cozyhome Thu 16-Jul-15 23:03:41

Yes we have but they're reluctant to give anything other than I mentioned .... Will go again tho I think.. Thankyou

Estjab Fri 17-Jul-15 22:41:11

Avoca. It's brilliant and has worked every time for me. I'm travelling right now but if you want more info let me know and I'll say more when I have proper keyboard!

Cozyhome Fri 17-Jul-15 23:00:28

Yes please tell me more when you get the time . It sounds interesting .
Many thanks

PermaShattered Sun 19-Jul-15 21:41:54

Hi, Avoca is great (I'm back - just different user name). You dampen the end of the 'pen', paint the surface with it and it turns black. You must protect the skin around it, eg, with Vaseline. After 24 hours you file it down then repeat the process. It doesn't take long until it's burnt then filed down to skin level.

I have used it 2-3 times. One of my warts was big (a double one total may 4-5 mm across) on my knuckle and i kept knocking it. I had it frozen off (that was agony but the root wasn't caught so it just grew back.) With Avoca, i think it took about a week to file down to skin level. But there's another thing too: messing around with warts/varrucas continually apparently makes your body start to reject them. So with the Avoca, you're filing it every day - and with my big one, a few days after i had got it down to skin level, it actually disappeared completely and my skin was back to normal.

I was prescribed it by the GP but you can buy it over the counter, though I don't think every Pharmacy stocks it. I hope that helps! Oh, one important thing: never use it if the surface of the wart is cracked - you hit the roof with pain.....

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 19-Jul-15 22:09:20

My DS had some huge verrucas. Those freezing sprays didn't work so I did some googling. There were a lot of people saying to cover them with duct tape. I thought that mightn't work on feet (sweaty feet/tape would fall off) so I amended it to dark nail varnish. So what I did was file with emery board, put on some tea tree oil & paint thickly with an old dark nail varnish. It worked a treat! They all just vanished!

PurpleAlert Sun 19-Jul-15 22:11:22

Apple cider vinegar- soak a small bud of cotton wool in in and tape on with duct tape. It goes black very quickly and will fall off in a few days leaving lovely pink skin underneath.

Cozyhome Mon 20-Jul-15 16:52:47

Thank you all for your experiences. I'm currently trying the apple cider vinegar so I'll come back with the results in a few weeks.

RealityCheque Tue 21-Jul-15 00:34:42

The apple cider vinegar / cotton wool / tape definitely works. My daughter had about 20 on one hand (with more appearing every week) and I had one that I had for over ten years.

We did a few at a time of my daughters and they got smaller and eventually died off (3 days to a few weeks depending on size) the remarkable thing was that after we had removed about ten this way the rest suddenly started shrinking and all disappeared within a few days. Like the whole process had allowed the bodies natural defended to get in top of them and cure them.

My wart disappeared also.

Prior to this treatment we had tried everything and the GP wasn't interested. It was affecting her school work as holding a pen had become sore and classmates were starting to be nasty.

Be aware that my daughter did report a slight burning feeling the first few days but not bad enough to stop the treatment.

Cozyhome Tue 21-Jul-15 07:06:53

Thankyou Reality Cheque

Cozyhome Tue 21-Jul-15 07:17:34

Out of interest , how many days did you leave each cider vinegar /cotton wool /duct tape on for and when you removed it , did you file it ? Or leave it to breathe and dry out . ? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now