Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bakers cyst anyone?

(4 Posts)
addicted2cake Wed 15-Jul-15 22:06:17

I think I have a bakers cyst. Lump behind my knee and bakers cyst is what Dr Google thinks it is! Has anyone has one of these before? What treatment did you use?

diddydiddydumpling Wed 15-Jul-15 23:26:41

I've had bakers cysts twice on my left knee - try taking anti-imflamatories and see if this helps. If it doesn't settle down satisfactorily I'd go to your GP. My first one needed draining, the fluid being drawn off - but it was massive, lots of fluid and I could hardly walk on it or bend my knee. The second one was rectified using ibuprofen as it wasn't as bad.

addicted2cake Thu 16-Jul-15 08:28:06

Oh thank you so much. I have a gp appt today. It's got quite painful and hurts to bend my knee.

Younique Thu 16-Jul-15 17:10:27

How was your appt? I've had them a few times and they are uncomfortable. Ice and rest helps a lot. You need to keep an eye in case they rupture, although I believe it's not that common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now