Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

fibroadenomas?

(5 Posts)
poppym12 Wed 15-Jul-15 16:34:59

Can they grow back? I had one removed a few years ago but have been experiencing a fair bit of pain and swelling over the last week. Just managed to have a poke and it feels like a lump, very close to where the original was.

LavenderRain Thu 16-Jul-15 20:25:24

Yep I've had loads! I had 2 removed, one from each breast, but have had at least 4 more but it was decided I couldn't keep having ops to remove them so I have needle biopsy and scan to check any new ones.
Some hurt some don't but they keep on coming!
thanks

littlejohnnydory Thu 16-Jul-15 21:10:19

Yes they can. I've had them too. Obviously get any new lump checked but some women are just prone to benign breast lumps.

poppym12 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:13:14

thank you for your reply lavenderrain.

i thought the unexpected pain and swelling may be hormonal as it was both sides (and due to my age) but although the swelling has eased a little, i'm still uncomfortable on one side and i'm pretty sure i can sometimes feel a lump. its too sore to check properly at the moment but it seems to be where i had the fibroadenoma removed from.

poppym12 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:23:08

i'll make an appointment to get it checked johnnydory once the tenderness has eased a bit more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now