Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hypnotherapy audio for medical procedure?

(4 Posts)
Teladi Wed 15-Jul-15 10:22:44

I have a friend who is going in for a medical procedure (gynaecology related). She's going to get a local anaesthetic but she is very anxious about the whole thing (even about getting the local)

I remember when I had DD I had great success with the natal hypnotherapy CDs and I feel like she would benefit from feeling prepared and like she has a strategy. Has anyone used anything similar for general surgery or indeed any moments of particular stress that they would recommend?

TIA flowers

Teladi Wed 15-Jul-15 22:59:34

Anyone?

gingeroots Thu 16-Jul-15 08:50:37

MaltidaTheCat posted this
Can I recommend some Mindfulness apps to listen to? Jon Kabat Zinn is huge in the world of health related Mindfulness and is extremely calming. You could listen to this in the wee small hours and hopefully be calmed back to sleep. Check out YouTube for freebies.

on this thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2420932-Tips-for-getting-through-waiting-for-surgery

Teladi Thu 16-Jul-15 14:52:59

oh thank you gingeroots! Appreciate it. I did a search but not very well obviously!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now