Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Upper and lower abdominal pain - pelvic ultrasound

(3 Posts)
rjsmum11 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:48:50

Hi,

I've been experiencing both upper abdominal pain, between my ribs and also lower pelvic pain.

I was referred for endoscopy for persistent indigestion and thought the pelvic pain was separate issue. However recently they've merged into one giant pain.

Today i saw the gp again, in a lot of pain both in upper and lower abdomen with mid cycle bleeding. She's referred me for an urgent pelvic ultrasound.

Just wondered if this will only check my gynae bits or if it will also pick up anything such as pancreas or gall bladder?

Ax

ConfusedInBath Wed 15-Jul-15 13:17:14

I think pelvic scan will just check lower pelvis. I've had an abdominal scan for upper pain which checked GB, pancreas, liver etc and the pelvic scan checked uterus, ovaries, bladder etc.
You could explain your concern to the sonograper perhaps?

rjsmum11 Thu 16-Jul-15 09:31:34

thanks, that's what I suspect too...
i haven't heard about the scan yet and am still in a lot of pain, much more centred in the upper area/back. am going to call today & ask the dr if this area will be checked as I really don't want to have to wait it out again for another scan.....
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now