Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blushing problem

(10 Posts)
Suzie1347 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:58:42

Hi everyone, I'm new here and would really appreciate your help smile

I am currently undergoing cognitive behavioural therarpy (CBT) for a blushing problem. I blush all the time for no reason and it is really getting me down! My therapist has advised me to conduct a survey into what people think when they see people blush so I would really appreciate it if you could answer the following question honestly to help me!

If you are talking to someone and they start blushing, would you think:

a) They are attracted to you
b) They are immature
c) They are shy
d) They are hiding something
e) They are a weak person
f) None of the above

TheSpottedZebra Sun 12-Jul-15 21:03:49

Possibly c. Definitely none of the others.

But also G -ie 'just because'. I sometimes blush for no reason at all, and once I've got it into my head that I might blush, then.... I blush.

Personally, I'd not say I'm shy. But in certain situations I can be very self-conscious. So I'd rename your option C, and add a G !

Best of luck with the CBT.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 12-Jul-15 21:04:45

Sorry, I meant to a that I blush a fair bit, and sometimes it's for no reason at all really.

Quiero Sun 12-Jul-15 21:05:56

Possibly c but more likely f. if I noticed, and I'm not honestly sure whether I would the most I would think is oh she's one of those people who blush. Nothing more, nothing less. It would have no impact whatsoever on my opinion of you.

I have Rosacea so I do understand where you're coming from. My face goes bright red if I get anxious. I just tell people now and make light of it.

MarinaCoyle Sun 12-Jul-15 21:12:56

Probably c but also agree with zebra's "just because". Blushing happens. I can feel myself doing it sometimes if I think about it.

I also think it's kind of cute. Sorry if that sounds patronising- I realise it can be very distressing for some people.

Best of luck with the CBT! thanks

Footle Mon 13-Jul-15 05:21:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Suzie1300 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:08:58

Hi ladies, many thanks for your responses, much appreciated smile

I shouldn't let it bother me but I can't help it! I blush at the thought of blushing!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jul-15 19:07:47

I'd think they have sensitive reactive skin like I do and nothing else.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Mon 13-Jul-15 19:11:05

I'd think c) or a variation on it - that they were slightly embarrassed by something at that very second.

I blush lots too. I try to think of it as saving money on blusher!

villainousbroodmare Mon 13-Jul-15 19:19:01

I would think maybe (c). I would also instinctively like the person and think the very best of them somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now