Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Supplements for coming off the pill?

(4 Posts)
Runwayqueen Sun 12-Jul-15 19:42:44

Due to ongoing issues with fatigue and Sod (sphincter of oddi) I've decided to come off my contraceptive pill (Yasmin). I've been reading into supplements to help restore a natural balance, but there are so many recommended that I could end up taking everything. Could anybody recommend maybe 2-3 supplements that may help? I don't expect my cycles to be 'normal' as they never were prior to being on Yasmin, I'd just like to help myself if I can.

Aquamarine70 Mon 13-Jul-15 06:48:32

Angus castus is supposed to balance hormones. Also starflower oil is more potent than Evening Primrose Oil to help with PMT.

Hopelass Mon 13-Jul-15 06:55:37

I was also coming on the thread to say agnus castus but pp beat me to it! When I came off the pill to ttc I used this and had a regular 28 day cycle within two months. Could have been coincidence but I'd been on the pill for 15 years. Might be worth a try?

Runwayqueen Mon 13-Jul-15 07:36:12

Thank you both for replying. I shall give them a look later smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now