Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sick of this aching arm.

(8 Posts)
sweetgrape Sat 11-Jul-15 23:07:17

I've had this aching arm for about 3 months now, sort of midway down outer elbow area. Anyone any idea what it could be. Will be going doctors soon but in the meantime would be glad of any ideas.

UrsulaBuffay Sat 11-Jul-15 23:08:26

I've had similar recently and am having physio for trapped nerves in my neck as its nerve pain I can feel - do get seen

sweetgrape Sat 11-Jul-15 23:38:04

I will, someone said it might be caused because of years of carrying heavy shopping on that arm. I'm sick of it.

gingeroots Sun 12-Jul-15 19:57:16

I have two frozen shoulders that have never recovered 100% . An aching arm is often a symptom when they flare up .

LuluJakey1 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:11:01

Tennis elbow?

sweetgrape Mon 13-Jul-15 11:11:09

Lulu thank you for that suggestion. I've just googled it and I'm sure that's what I've got. Apparently it should clear up on it own. smile

LuluJakey1 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:26:35

Mine did smile

dementedma Mon 13-Jul-15 21:31:53

I would wear it is tennis elbow. Was diagnosed this by a physio about 6 weeks ago and the thing which has really helped is a grip thingy which has a padded bit that goes over the painful tendons and fastens with Velcro. Best money I have ever spent, it makes a huge difference . If its painful to extend your arm and grip or lift things, then its tennis elbow. Buy and wear a strap thingy and get some exercises from the physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now