Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Propranolol and teenage lethagy

(5 Posts)
derektheladyhamster Fri 10-Jul-15 16:24:08

Hi My son (15) has been put on Propranolol (40mg) to help prevent his migraines. He is not the most dynamic person at the best of times, but he is really tired at the moment. He had a bad headache this morning, which I did wonder if it was the tail end of a migraine, but this afternoon he has been really lethargic. He has coursework which is due in today (he's on school holidays and has to email it to his teacher), but I cannot get him to finish it. We are due a check up next week, and I will mention it, but has anyone else got any ideas?

scrumpkin Fri 10-Jul-15 16:26:40

Ian also on propranolol for migraine prevention and I did notice that for the first few months I felt really lethargic too.

I think I must have adjusted because I'm just my usual state of knackered!wink

scrumpkin Fri 10-Jul-15 16:27:16

I not Ian!

derektheladyhamster Fri 10-Jul-15 16:29:27

That's good to know!

cestlavielife Fri 10-Jul-15 23:54:46

My dd 15 takes 40 mg in the morning and 80 mg at night. Presumably it's starting dose ? If it s new for him give it time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now