Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DPs snoring

(10 Posts)
Elfontheedge Fri 10-Jul-15 04:32:06

Does any of the over the counter stuff - sprays etc actually work? DP has always been a another but it has got worse over the last few weeks to the point where I have had no sleep tonight at all! I am honestly at the point where I will smother him with a ducking pillow if it doesn't stop soon sad

Elfontheedge Fri 10-Jul-15 04:32:51

Pah! *fucking

tobee Fri 10-Jul-15 10:49:43

I sympathise being a fellow sufferer of my DH's snoring for many years. I don't know about sprays but is it worse if lying on his back? This is going to sound weird maybe but I've taken to say "please can you turn over?" at the first sign. It works very well. I say it calmly (!) so he doesn't wake up.

If not, I think you should try get him into a sleep clinic. The trouble often is, because the are, naturally sleeping soundly, they have no idea of the extent of the problem.

Caught11 Fri 10-Jul-15 17:16:48

My DH snores like a train.....I got special snoring ear plugs (Amazon) don't hear a thing ! Saying that maybe if you had young children maybe you wouldn't want to use these !

itsmine Fri 10-Jul-15 18:54:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elfontheedge Fri 10-Jul-15 21:55:35

I'm hoping it will improve when his sinuses get better. We've had wine tonight so frankly I'll sleep through anything anyway! grin

Methe Fri 10-Jul-15 21:57:12

I have to wear earplugs every night and have done for 12 years. My dH snores like a pig.

I buy my earplugs in bulk on Amazon smile

gamerchick Fri 10-Jul-15 22:02:17

I sympathise. I have my own bedroom now, it was beneficial to his health.

plipplops Sat 11-Jul-15 07:39:41

Earplugs for me too.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 12-Jul-15 09:22:02

Earplugs don't work for me.
I can still hear him snoring. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now