Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there a school dentist any more?!

(4 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Wed 08-Jul-15 19:30:33

(Heavens at 42 I feel old!)

When I was at school. A school dentist came to visit and in our town we had an entire building and departement dedicated to dental health education.

Then as a young adult I remember a school dentist was available to visit schools in a bus and run dental health education sessions (tooth brushing lessons with disclosing tablets and the like).

Is there any chance this kind of thing has survived the cuts over the years and anyone runs dental health education for schools?!

(Google doesn't seem to know the answer grin)

CamelHump Wed 08-Jul-15 19:32:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Groovee Wed 08-Jul-15 19:34:37

Our schools have checks in P1 and P7. Usually get a thing in nursery about the protective coating too.

Lucked Wed 08-Jul-15 19:37:32

Scotland has the childsmile program. I don't know what age it finishes but at nursery they do brushing daily and they come and administer fluoride varnish I think it does carry on for a while at school but it is more focussed on areas with known health inequality.

I remember seeing data on the results and it was very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now