Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are these verrucas/i? What about Footner?

(10 Posts)
SkankyFootedHo Wed 08-Jul-15 19:16:35

I keep getting them on my right foot, they come up like a little bubble with a dark spot in the middle. These have all been frozen so look a little different.
I've been treating them with Scholl freeze treatment but new ones just keep popping up. It's been going on for a couple of months.
I'm about to try Footner exfoliating socks to see if that gets rid of them, I have a lot of dead skin from freezing my foot as well so want to get rid of that.
Do we think these are verrucas/verruci?
Has anyone tried Footner whilst they have a verruca?
Shall I just say 'what the hell' and give it a go?

Thanks.

SkankyFootedHo Wed 08-Jul-15 22:47:36

Anyone?

At least tell me my foot won't drop off?

bonzo77 Wed 08-Jul-15 22:57:13

Do they itch? Do you get clear fluid if you pop them with a needle? I've got similar and I think it might be a special eczema called pomphlyx (not sure of spelling).

SkankyFootedHo Wed 08-Jul-15 23:21:54

No itching, haven't tried popping them, just the deep freeze. Will have a look into the eczema.
Thanks

Teacherinatutu Thu 09-Jul-15 19:32:46

No they don't look like verrucas. They look like something I get on my hand although I can't remember the name of them!

iwantgin Thu 09-Jul-15 19:40:07

I don't think those are verrucas.

I'd use the Footner regardless - it didn't do anything to my (actual) verruccas. More is the pity.

SkankyFootedHo Fri 10-Jul-15 13:18:03

Update. I have Footnered.
No stinging or heat irritation on the site of the frozen non-verrucas.
I had a mild stinging between toes on other foot so took feet out of crocs ready to remove and wash off, but it cooled down without the shoes so I carried on for the hour.
Do we want a pic? I'll add one for reference in case anyone else has similar.
All the dead peeling bits are where I have frozen the things.
I'm just hoping that what ever it is gets neutralised by the chemicals.

iwantgin Fri 10-Jul-15 15:02:48

Great. See what happens in the next few days smile

SkankyFootedHo Mon 13-Jul-15 10:37:55

Well the good news is that the Footner appears to have stopped whatever it was in its tracks, I have no new ones and what's left is looking a bit dried up and peeling...
The bad news is that I now have itchy water blisters on my hands! They don't look the same as the things on my feet as there is no redness but it would tie in with your eczema suggestions sad.
Tempted to try Footner on hands now...

Shaycock92 Mon 20-Feb-17 05:11:41

Are you gluten intolerant by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now