Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it worth going back to the doctors?

(12 Posts)
Minime85 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:50:49

I posted here in June about thrush I just can't get rid of. I've tried the canestan cream and tablet, pro biotic yogurt, cutting back on yeast and sugar, aloe Vera etc.

Doc took swans says no infection but itching still comes and goes. Anybody else have this and any other solutions? I've ordered some multi gyn gel that was suggested on last thread. Partner been to his doctor and been treated. Just becoming ridiculous now

nowttodowithme Tue 07-Jul-15 22:13:58

Have you got the Mirena coil?

Minime85 Tue 07-Jul-15 22:23:24

No I haven't. No contraception involved.

Minime85 Tue 07-Jul-15 22:23:44

Swabs not swans!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 07-Jul-15 22:26:46

Change your washing detergent to something really gentle, ditch fabric conditioner, if you use sanitary towels make sure they are non scented and don't use soap or bubble bath anywhere near delicate areas.

Get some probiotic capsules and take them religiously.

If you have a partner he needs to use cream too.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 07-Jul-15 22:27:19

Sorry, just read that your partner has been treated.

whojamaflip Tue 07-Jul-15 22:27:55

Are you sure it's thrush? Only I used to get this every time I used condoms as contraception - turned out to be mildly allergic to them hmm

dirtyfabulous Tue 07-Jul-15 22:27:59

Have you tried taking a really good probiotic? I was plagued with thrush a couple of years ago tried lots of things.. Udos Super8 probiotics were excellent. Might be worth a try for you too.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 07-Jul-15 22:30:27

Who - me too , I am ok with the allergy sort though. I had a miserable year before I worked out what was causing it!

BettyBitesBums Tue 07-Jul-15 22:31:34

If the itching is external rather than internal then it could be another vulval dermatosis such as lichen sclerosis or planus and you should be referred to a gynaecology vulval clinic to have it investigated properly. What they'll do depends on how it looks and your personal and family medical history but you'll probably either get a trial of a steroid cream or a dermatology appt or at the most extreme a biopsy taken.

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Tue 07-Jul-15 22:34:41

Yeah, go back to your GP, it's impossible and unwise to diagnose things on an Internet forum but there are lots of causes of itching and discomfort that aren't thrush, Betty and Flip are right

Minime85 Wed 08-Jul-15 06:33:28

Thank you everyone. I have a probiotic to try but suffer with ibs and it will upset that so waiting until been on holiday to try that. As just having the yogurt upsets the balance!

I'm not sure it's thrush but when I'm treated it goes away for a few days but then comes back. Already use all non scented products. Will try ditching fabric softener.

I will go to GP but they have made me feel very silly and I almost had to beg to have a swab taken and even have a look!
Thanks everyone I appreciate the responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now