Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast biopsy results

(3 Posts)
CinnamonPretzel Fri 03-Jul-15 15:58:18

I had a breast core biopsy earlier in the week. I've received my follow up appointment letter for two weeks from that date. Does that mean it's nothing serious or would they schedule the appointment before they get the results and book it as standard? Thanks

Sienna17 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:20:36

Hi Cinnamon,

This must be a worrying time for you. I think it depends on where you live as to how they do things. I have had two breast biopsies recently and on both occasions they scheduled the results appointment before I left for a week's time.

I would give them a ring. The breast cancer nurses will be able to let you know how they do things.

CinnamonPretzel Fri 03-Jul-15 22:48:03

Thank you for response. I'm actually surprisingly calm and ready for any outcome but think others maybe more concerned but avoiding showing their emotions. Don't really want disturb the nurses; sure they'll say whatever will say it's procedure either way to prevent worry. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now