Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding after smear

(6 Posts)
Piggywiggywoo Thu 02-Jul-15 18:21:30

I had my dreaded smear and there was blood. I had blood last time but the Dr was particularly heavy handed that time. The nurse seemed more gentle today but there was blood and now I'm a bit achey. I never used to bleed. I've read about people having cervical erosion but that usually this is seen by the person doing the smear. The nurse said she had to scrub the cervix a little but I just don't know if it's normal to bleed. Anyone?

Creatureofthenight Thu 02-Jul-15 18:29:33

I'm pretty sure that whenever I have a smear the nurse says there might be a bit of bleeding afterwards (and indeed there usually is).

Piggywiggywoo Fri 03-Jul-15 12:50:35

Thanks I'm just a bit wary of my gp surgery. Still bleeding still in pain sad

bec3105 Fri 03-Jul-15 12:55:20

Yes I always bleed afterwards. Take some painkillers and chocolate.

Piggywiggywoo Sun 05-Jul-15 13:29:00

Well it's been a few days and now it seems as if my period is starting but it's only day 19of my cycle and I've been a regular 28day bleeder. Is it normal for a smear to start a period early? I know I'm not pregnant and I don't think I'm ovulating as the tests are all negative

Woe is me

CaitBlanched Sun 05-Jul-15 13:34:55

The brush thingy (technical term!) they use nowadays can make some people more prone to bleeding. Especially if the nurse had to scrub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now