Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help im going Bald Help

(4 Posts)
Elephanfuckingtastic Wed 01-Jul-15 12:19:47

Up until 4 weeks ago I had very long & very thick hair , it is falling out at a very alarming rate .
I had it cut in to a Bob to see if it would help but it hasn't as its still coming out , my shoulders are covered without me even brushing my hair and when I brush it theirs a brush full of hair comes out every time I run the brush through .
I have a bald patch (is say it's about 7 cms wide) above my right ear , I'm only 27 ffs .

I've Been told its because I gave birth recently (13 weeks ago) .
I don't know what to do , I darent brush it or anything sad

Madlizzy Wed 01-Jul-15 12:40:59

It's really common to shed lots of hair after having a baby. You shed less when you're pregnant. It normally stops after around 4 months. My sister had the same bald patch as you and it grew back fine. Obviously, if you're worried, go and see your gp.

redannie118 Wed 01-Jul-15 13:02:21

I had the same thing horrible scary trichologist told me to get my iron levels checked and to take microgynon..worked a treat

Elephanfuckingtastic Thu 02-Jul-15 00:44:30

Thanks I'll ge to the Docs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now