Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

abnormal amount of periods .... (probably tmi) help!

(2 Posts)
boobyooby Tue 30-Jun-15 23:04:28

Finally stopped taking the contraceptive pill in March (DH has had the snip :D ) first period 4 weeks ago. Was very very heavy and bright red, terrible boob pain and general feeling rubbish and tired. The lead up to this period I had about every "I'm pregnant" symptom, felt anxious and even had nightmares. Was so tearful for a couple of days I made myself a doctors appointment to discuss (and check I wasn't going mad). Options were a) keep diary and if any worries come back at any time b) start taking Cerazette again c) start a low dose of antidepressants. I decided on option a.

Last week had to take paracetamol for boob pains again and achey stomach, tiredness and general not feeling 100% thinking bloody hell this has come round quick and realised it had only been 2 weeks since the last period. Dark coloured bleed for 4 days, finished Friday. This Sunday I woke up and bright red blood again (fresh bedlinen Saturday too, sods law!) and it's still here.

Should I just keep a diary note or make an appointment to get seen? Is this normal for a while?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 01-Jul-15 07:03:36

I would return to the GP and seek a referral to a gynaecologist. This certainly warrants further investigation to ascertain the cause. Continuing to keep a daily diary of symptoms will also help the gynae too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now