Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Blood stains in pants

(4 Posts)
Penguin2 Wed 05-May-04 18:55:52

Just given my four year old daughter a bath and noticed light blood satins in her pants - looks like spotting in a menstruating woman. But she's only four! She claims to have no pain when weeing or pooing so I don't think she has cystitis or an anal fissure ( which she did have when she was two - the fissure, I mean - so I think I would know about that). Couldn't tell when I examined her down below where the blood may have come from. She is fine in herself. Anyone got any experience of this?

froot Wed 05-May-04 19:08:23

message withdrawn

Penguin2 Wed 05-May-04 20:59:19

Meant to say, the blood looks diluted. Guess no-one has experience of this!

kizzie Thu 06-May-04 14:32:31

Penguin - if its diluted then could be a urine infection (even without pain.) Worth seeing the dr or ringing HV just to check she doesnt need a course of antibiotics.
Kizziex

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: