Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Found a lump

(6 Posts)
Nevergoingtolearn Mon 29-Jun-15 18:59:45

Just found a lump in my breast, I wasn't really looking, been wearing a bikini today so my boobs are not as supported ( usually wear a sports bra ) , just reached down as I had a ice and felt a lump, thought I was imagining things so tried to find it again and there it was sad, feels like a hard pea sized lump on the side of my boob.

I'm 33 years old, healthy, my hormones have been a bit messed up due to going on the pill ( have had spotting and period pains ), could it just be a gland linked to hormones?

I know I will have to go and get it checked out.

Feeling scared sad

holeinmyheart Mon 29-Jun-15 20:00:31

Well, you will be scared. Humans have the capacity to scare them selves witless.
However, you are only 33 and realistically and statistically you will be fine. The majority of lumps are benign.

You will have a small snippet of the lump cut out, through a fine tube. The tiny little piece of tissue will be examined and it will be benign.

If you worry, or don't worry, it won't actually affect the outcome. So try not to worry .
Best of luck and hugs.

ISeeDadPeople Mon 29-Jun-15 20:09:26

Never, I recently found a hard lump and was terrified. Ultrasound showed a cyst. Try to distract yourself until your appointment

Nevergoingtolearn Mon 29-Jun-15 20:14:39

Thank you, I'm really scared that they will stick a needle in it, will they scan first?

DidgeDoolittle Mon 29-Jun-15 20:22:38

I had a needle biopsy, it doesn't hurt at all. It probably won't get that far. They may be able to diagnose it via an ultrasound.
You will be fine.

Nevergoingtolearn Tue 30-Jun-15 10:15:14

Have had a full breast check this morning by the nurse, lump was found but she also found one in the same place on the other breast, she said I might just have lumpy breasts. I have to wait until I take my week break on the pill and then get checked again, if it's still there then I will be referred to breast clinic. She told me not to worry ( easier said than done ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now