Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Frightened this doesn't happen again.

(8 Posts)
sweetgrape Sun 28-Jun-15 13:05:22

2 nights ago I had pain between my shoulder blades, I've had this before, the pain usually lasts about 15 minutes but this time it was accompanied by a horrible nauseous feeling and a very full feeling like I couldn't even swallow water. I'm worried it's something to do with my heart. Anyone put my mind at rest before I go to see GP?

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Jun-15 13:13:31

Very often pain in the shoulder blades can be indigestion. Had you eaten a heavy meal?

sweetgrape Sun 28-Jun-15 13:17:16

Not really no, but another thing was I got hiccups, I wonder if there's a connection?

Jo4040 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:21:56

You sound very worried and anxious about this. Could the nausea be due to nerves deep down? I suffer from extreamly health anxiety and when I'm worried sometimes other symptoms crop up. Also could the pain between your shoukder blades be tension? If you are worried go see ur GP to put your mind at rest. Not because its anything to worry about but because if it is due to anxiety then it WILL happen again.

Sparklingbrook Sun 28-Jun-15 13:22:25

I think it might be an idea to run it past your GP for reassurance. I get indigestion with pain between my shoulder blades every now and again. The first time I was quite alarmed, it was v painful.

Hiccups/feeling bloated etc could be connected.

sanfairyanne Sun 28-Jun-15 13:26:02

probably either indigestion or gallbladder. i have gallbladder issues n get pain right across my back, a full feeling, sometimes a sick feeling, hiccups and gas

sweetgrape Sun 28-Jun-15 13:45:23

I did get worried at the time because I thought I was having a heart attack, I had to take deep breaths to calm down, I'm hoping the doctor will reassure me. Thanks.

Jo4040 Sun 28-Jun-15 14:05:11

How old are you? I very much doubt its your heart. You sound like your not helping it at all by becoming anxious. Go to your doctors, but I'm sure you will walk out feeling like your on cloud nine because you have been worrying yourself over something so little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now