Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dp is extremely tired

(4 Posts)
chumbler Sun 28-Jun-15 09:19:19

I want to know how I can help dp. he has always suffered with being tired, he has a job he loves but it's also his hobby so he's always thinking about it / reading about it 24/7. we have a 3month old baby and he is so tired despite sleeping in the spare room. I don't mean to sound selfish but surely I should be the one complaining? he is so knackered he doesn't want to go anywhere with us so it gets quite boring. he sometimes gets so tired (couple times a year?) he takes the day off to rest. could he be anaemic? depression? he says he won't see the Dr so I want to persuade him to go!

sorry for the ramble. I seem to flick between annoyance at him and worried about him.

any advice?

BoxOfKittens Sun 28-Jun-15 16:04:22

Has he had a blood test recently ? If he is getting enough sleep yet still feeling tired maybe need to check for deficiencies . Not sure how though if he won't go to the doctor! If left untreated, anaemia can be serious if you fall below a certain level.

stayathomegardener Sun 28-Jun-15 16:08:29

Quite frankly no Doctor equals no sympathy. How selfish.
This comes from someone who had chronic fatigue for 10 years DH was very supportive but I had what ever tests I could get and was very proactive in getting well.
Am ridiculously cross on your behalf.

Candlefairy101 Sun 28-Jun-15 16:09:56

Every time I have a baby my husband seems to be more nackered that me, I don't know why it's like he's recovering from taking the brunt of my pregnancies and the tiredness has hit him at once!

When I'm pregnant I can get sick so he has to look after younger child, still work and he hates me being ill because I control the whole home and I think having the responsibility of knowing I'm not on full form affects him. On the first 6 months off having a baby I'm in a high and he's tired (even sleeping in spare room like yourself).

Also depression makes me extremely tired it absolutely exhausting plus as you said he's not shutting off from work. If you get him to read an article online about feeling low and tiredness my himself so he doesn't feel embarrassed about going to the doctor for depression or tiredness, it might make him feel better and realise how much depression can effect him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now