Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

44 day cycles (used to be 28) PMT prozac

(1 Post)
Elfinprincess Fri 26-Jun-15 09:01:03

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help. I was prescribed fluoxetine for PMT, to take two weeks pre period. My PMT got horrific following stopping breastfeeding some three years ago now (approximately).

My cycles, this year have gone from every 28 days to now 44 days (give or take a day) and the doctor advised me to take the fluoxetine on the 14th day after my last period... the problem is I am now having to take it for three weeks, if that makes sense. I am not sure if the doctor was listening or I am being a bit stupid, but I am not comfortable taking it of ratios long, so I took it once every five days but I am now on day 40 (so a few days from having the big P) and my mood is rock bottom. I know I need to "woman up "about this but i wondered if anyone else has had long cycles, bad pmt and worked out the best time to take the fluoxetine (prozac).

I have tried every natural therapy known to man I think, and it nothing for my PMT despite my faith that it might!

Thank you in advance folks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now