Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Erythema nodosum

(5 Posts)
OttilieKnackered Thu 25-Jun-15 20:59:59

I was recently diagnosed by my doctor as having erythema nodosum - I had the classic symptoms of flu-like symptoms and red nodules on my legs. Since I saw her I've developed fairly severely bloodshot eyes as well (they've been quite sore in an achey type way, rather than scratchy and it hurts a little to look in as if going cross eyed).

I so rarely get ill or go to the doctor I've no idea whether it would be hysterical or sensible to go back to her with the eye thing. Has anyone had any experience of EN or ongoing symptoms? Thanks in advance!

2fedup Fri 26-Jun-15 07:19:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hellomynameis Fri 26-Jun-15 12:20:29

The eye issues probably relate to the viral illness that precipitated the EN

kronenborg Fri 26-Jun-15 12:23:58

there is a known association between conjunctivitis & EN - however, if it carries on, i would definitely suggest going back to the doc.

OttilieKnackered Fri 26-Jun-15 17:50:23

Thanks all. I'm fairly sure I didn't have an illness prior to the EN. Felt fine until it appeared and the GP said it's idiopathic about half the time.

Also fairly sure I don't have conjunctivitis- the soreness is muscular and there's no weeping or ickiness.

Slightly upset at the idea of a 6 month wait for it to go! Just when the sun's come out! I'm gonna see how it goes for a couple of days and then decide. Not sure if my doc does phone consultations, I'd have to check. Thanks very much for all your responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now