Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH has stopped shedding hair - now I'm worried

(3 Posts)
stonelog Thu 25-Jun-15 18:54:16

It makes him sound like an animal, but he is seriously hairy! smile

For years, as long as I've known him, he's shed hair all over the place. He has gone through a cancer treatment earlier in the year (all looking good now) and now I've just realised I haven't had to tell him about leaving hair all over the bathroom floor for weeks. The vacuum cleaner has never been emptier.

I know all about chemo making you lose hair, but not retain it confused can anyone help? DH just laughs it off but after the health scare we've had I'm watching out for any changing symptoms and this one is a new one to me.

KatyN Thu 25-Jun-15 18:57:55

Is he still seeing a consultant? You could mention it to the, at the next appointment but maybe all the hair follicles are the same age (as they are all new) and won't die and fall out for a while? (I'm no medic but I know when my dad had chemo he had all sorts of odd symptoms afterwards.. Like his nails kept splitting).

It's amazing stuff, but quite weird. Kx

stonelog Thu 25-Jun-15 19:11:01

He is, so I could tell him to mention it. He didn't noticeably lose any hair throughout chemo and I think it's since the chemo that he's not lost any. Thanks for your reply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now