Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

TVT surgery: urgent advice needed!

(4 Posts)
QuinoaLenghi Wed 24-Jun-15 08:25:29

I'm suddenly having massively cold feet about surgery I am having today.

A quick, and unwise, search of MN finds lots of people who suffered worse effects from the surgery than the effects of the original stress incontinence.

I can't run after my kids. Can't even play a game like rounders without a pad. My kids always say "oh mum won't play". I can't exercise other than swim unless I wear a pad which I hate the feel of. I'm quite unfit since DC3. BUT these aren't awful symptoms. I could continue like this rather than risk constant infections or irritable bladder.

Please help me calm down or run away before this surgery starts!

QuinoaLenghi Wed 24-Jun-15 13:59:32

I have actually had the surgery now but will still like to hear others' experiences.

gingeroots Wed 24-Jun-15 17:53:37

Hi - hope you're feeling ok after your op .

I had TVT about 15 years ago and it worked for me with no problems .

I think people who do have problems tend to post more than those who are ok so this might give you a unrepresentative picture .

Well done on going through with the op ,I'm sure you'll be fine .flowers

karmaz Wed 08-Jul-15 00:41:06

QuinoaLenghi how did the operation go and how are you feeling ? Hope you are feeling ok. I just posted on here on another thread as I have been put on the list for a TVT and have concerns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now