Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Three months, no periods...

(4 Posts)
xenolovegood Mon 22-Jun-15 21:51:41

...and four negative pregnancy tests and absolutely no pg symptoms.

I will head to the doctor for this soon but my doctor is always a bit snippy and I always feel like I'm wasting her time so I've been putting it off a bit. I've always had pretty irregular periods but never missed three in a row like this. We do use condoms and haven't really been dtd when I've been ovulating so very very slim chance of pregnancy - and I came off the pill about ten months ago so not my body adjusting to a new change.

Any ideas? Thanks smile

PontyGirl Mon 22-Jun-15 22:01:39

perhaps PCOS? worth a Google smile

xenolovegood Mon 22-Jun-15 23:12:21

That's what I was worried about confused just wondering if there were any alternative ideas out there. I'll book a drs appointment tomorrow then. Thanks smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-Jun-15 07:20:52

I was also going to suggest PCO as a possibility here. If you've always had irregular periods as well that makes that scenario even more likely.
Blood tests can be done to see what your hormone levels are like; initially you need a day 2 test to check and compare your LH level against that of FSH. LH and FSH are two important hormones as they kickstart the ovulation process; if these are awry then ovulation is affected.

If GP is unhelpful see another GP within the practice or register with another practice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now