Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches

(4 Posts)
loopyloo87 Sun 21-Jun-15 12:24:00

Hi, I know that migraines are usually at the front & sides of head but can they also effect just the back of the head? In april I had an awful throbbing in the back of my head that lasted 3 days & made me feel sick. Nurofen eased it for a while then it returned.. Has anybody experienced this sort of headache?

holeinmyheart Sun 21-Jun-15 20:49:12

Yep, I suffer from frontal Migraines with Aura, but I have had headaches that were at the back of my head on my left side. They can last for days.
I have had a brain scan and nothing was found to be wrong. I suggest you get a prescription from your GP that is specifically for Migraines.

There will probably also be a Migraine Clinic in your area, if you feel worried perhaps you could ask for a referral

loopyloo87 Sun 21-Jun-15 21:22:56

Thankyou for your reply I don't usually suffer with headaches but in April it worried me as it lasted on & off for three days and was in the middle at the back of my head.. The pain was throbbing I've only had it once since so I'm hoping it was a one off stress related.. I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this type of pain I wonder if it was migraine

holeinmyheart Mon 22-Jun-15 19:15:33

Stress can definitely give you a massive headache but I can have Migraine when I am on holiday and think I am relaxed.
For me my Migraines are a mystery. I am not a relaxed easy going person. Though. I sooo wish I was, but I was brought up by a toxic Father. You didn't know where the next blow was coming from.
He suffered from severe Migraines. Yuck, as I hate to think I inherited anything from him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now