Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Blood test results - high Vitamin B12 - anyone had problem with this?

(5 Posts)
artylady14 Thu 18-Jun-15 16:39:40

I had some blood tests as well as the Day 21 test for TTC and have just read when I got home today that my Vitamin B12 is very high - 911ng/L. My doctor was very quick with me today and spoke very briefly about my day 21 result as I am seeing gynae next week. The rest of it she didn't even discuss or even read I think!

I have Googled high Vit B12 and of course its all awful. Has anyone else had this and should I be concerned?

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jun-15 16:47:33

Mine are off the chart. Came back as >1000
But it's because of the multi vit I take. Nothing mentioned and never had any problems

artylady14 Thu 18-Jun-15 23:05:02

Aha! After worrying all afternoon I came home and checked my Pregnacare multivitamin and it gives you 800% of the RDA. Phew!

EmilyCHN Thu 18-Jun-15 23:08:24

Also isn't it water soluble so any extra you aren't using you just per out?

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jun-15 23:40:21

That'll be it! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: