Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Radio Frequency Ablation /Rhizotomy - does it work ?

(1 Post)
Wombling123 Thu 18-Jun-15 08:09:03

Hi there , I have a problem with a damaged nerve in my back which (bizarrely) gives me excruciating pain in my foot . I had a microdiscectomy which didn't work too well and they think the nerve is still swollen or damaged. I have had nerve root blocks ( steroid injections) in the past which have made the pain go away completely for several months - but apparently you can't have too many of them ! Now it has been suggested that I have a radio frequency ablation of the nerve where they burn it to stop it sending pain signals to the brain . Has anyone ever had one ? Does it work ? How long does it give you pain relief for ? Apparently after it is done the pain can get significantly worse before it gets better ... :-( as the nerve grows back , do you have to keep having them done for the rest of your life ? ..I'd really appreciate hearing about other people's experiences ..
Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now