Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore arm pit

(4 Posts)
Allisgood1 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:04:22

I am freaking because I googled hmm

I have had a sore left underarm for a few weeks. Sometimes unnoticeable then suddenly aches. It's not painful as such, more achy. No lumps. I am also breastfeeding and when I express on that side I get half compared to the other side. No lumps in my breast that I can feel. I'm 35. Cancer?

Fairylea Wed 17-Jun-15 21:08:18

I wouldn't jump to thinking it's cancer.

Go and see your gp but I suffer with pain and painful lumps in my arm pit from time to time and have done since I was about 15 and i'm 35 now. It tends to flare up when I'm run down - lots of lymph nodes there and they swell when your immune system struggles. It can also be a blocked gland due to allergy to anti perspirant or shaving.

Baies Thu 18-Jun-15 11:17:50

Are you prone to anxiety?!

We are not doctors but no, this won't be cancer. This will more than likely be a blocked duct in your arm pit and it'll be gone in a week or so

Allisgood1 Thu 18-Jun-15 12:41:56

Yes I have generalized anxiety.

It's been there for about 2 weeks now. Will see GP next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now