Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yellow cholesterol spots near eyes

(6 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Tue 16-Jun-15 21:33:26

I have what I think are yellow cholesterol spots, one above each eye they are very noticeable and I feel quite self conscious. I also gather that they are a sign of high cholesterol and may mean Im at risk of heart disease?!

Should I go to GP to have cholesterol tested? Im only 32 but have history of heart disease in family.

Also can these be removed or has anyone successfully covered the, with make up?

exLtEveDallasNoBollocks Tue 16-Jun-15 21:41:36

Xanthelasma - I've got them too.

They aren't always a sign of high cholesterol, I had mine checked and I was on the limit so to speak - the doc gave me the choice whether to take statins or not. I would get tested though, if only to put your mind at rest.

I haven't been able to hide them successfully. You can have them lasered off, but they can't guarantee they won't come back. Apparently some people are just 'unlucky' enough to get them. Could be an extra irritation from pregnancy, like skin tags (yep, I got them too).

Sorry I can't be more positive.

YourHandInMyHand Tue 16-Jun-15 22:01:01

Thanks for replying, think I will try to get in with gp to put mind at ease as possible link to increased risk of heart disease has worried me with family history.

YourHandInMyHand Tue 16-Jun-15 22:02:13

Having them lasered, is that an nhs procedure or private?

WalkingThePlank Tue 16-Jun-15 22:34:48

Do you mean millia? I used to get these - would spike them with a clean pin and work the lump out.

YourHandInMyHand Wed 17-Jun-15 14:30:00

No not milia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now