Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pain during (not) sex

(5 Posts)
pooriver Tue 16-Jun-15 21:29:18

I've name changed for this. I work very closely with my GP so I'm a little embarrassed to see her about this, I'm after some advice.
DH is well endowed, when I first met him ten years ago, sex was a bit painful but with plenty of attention things got easier and were no problem at all whatsoever until last year. We spent an extended period of time apart (about four months) and when we were back together sex started to be a bit painful. Now it's at the point where I just can't bear penetration, it's so very sore.
I thought it would get better with time...

I had a little look at things down there earlier and it looks like there's a sort of polyp thing, just at the entrance to my vagine, it's a bit sore to touch.

I know I need to get this checked out, I will see the nurse in a couple of weeks but is it likely to be this that's causing the pain? I've not looked down there for ages to be honest so it could have been there a while...

I'd be grateful for any ideas about what's causing the pain if it isn't this, DH is being really patient with me but it's frustrating both of us!

hiccoughybump Tue 16-Jun-15 21:33:00

Is the pain at the entrance or if he pushes in deeply? Does it get better or worse as the session continues?

Your GP honestly won't bat an eyelid but if you're not comfortable seeing her maybe it's better to register at a different practice?

pooriver Tue 16-Jun-15 21:37:29

It's sore from the minute we start to be honest, it gets a little bit better as we progress but we've not been able to do full penetration at all for a couple of months now.

I know she won't bat an eyelid, I'm being silly and she really is totally fucking excellent as a GP... I think what I will do is see the practice nurse (who is also totally fucking excellent) and then if it needs to go to GP then at least the nurse will put it in medical speak for me!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 17-Jun-15 07:20:24

I doubt very much that this is anything to do with him being very well endowed.

Please get this checked out now and not in a couple of weeks either, instead make an appointment asap. You will keep on worrying otherwise and it won't do you any good.

Deep pain during sex can also be indicative of endometriosis being present so you should have a gynae referral as well.

pinkfrocks Wed 17-Jun-15 09:38:47

it could be anything- low oestrogen levels ( are you over 45 ish), thrush or all kinds of things, so see your dr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now