Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dry skin 4 month old baby advice needed

(7 Posts)
measles64 Mon 15-Jun-15 15:58:51

Baby has dry skin, advice needed. We use non bio to wash clothes, just washing him with water now. He does go to baby swimming once a week. Has anyone had this rough skin condition with their baby. Should I try a cream?

jimijack Mon 15-Jun-15 16:03:07

I use that emolient cream from home bargains in the bath instead of soap. It's a huge white tub, couple of quid I think.
A big dollop on a sponge, rub it in and then when baby is dry, smear a wee bit onto dry areas.

Great stuff, I used it on cradle cap too.

Buglife Mon 15-Jun-15 16:05:28

I use E45 Junior Bath Milk in the bath, it's lovely. Also Aveeno cream with the oats clears any dry patches up very quickly. Just the normal one is fine for babies too.

LittlePoot Mon 15-Jun-15 16:14:36

Oilatum also great in the bath for babies - the junior version.

measles64 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:20:57

Does anyone know what causes it?

LittlePoot Mon 15-Jun-15 20:04:12

Just general weather and being a small baby really. Even if it turns into full on eczema, nobody knows the cause. Just the skin barrier not doing quite as well as it could. Generally moisturiser is the best option for general dryness and the bath ones mentioned are great.

Yeasayer Mon 15-Jun-15 20:09:56

I really recommend Weleda calendula baby wash. My DS has really sensitive skin and this is the only thing (except oilatum bath) that doesn't dry it out. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way and it smells lovely.

www.weleda.co.uk/baby-bath-care/calendula-shampoo+bodywash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now