Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm beginning to think I may have broken my ankle....three years ago

(2 Posts)
SewingBox Mon 15-Jun-15 08:43:31

We were on holiday, I slipped on a rock, didn't twist or turn it but gave it a good hard bang against a rock.

It was very swollen for a few days, but I could walk on it, so just got on with the holiday and by the time we got home it was a lot better so I never got it checked out.

However, three years later, it's not completely better. It gets very stiff if I'm driving for more than an hour or so and will be stiff and sore for a few days after a long race. I run a lot, so it's not stopping me doing anything, doesn't hurt while running, but is different to the other ankle in the way it recovers IYSWIM.

Is it too late to ask someone (who?) to look at it now? Do I just have to live with it?

MrsHooolie Mon 15-Jun-15 23:40:16

I think you should go to the GP if it's causing you that much trouble. Perhaps you might need some physio or something?
Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now