Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Numb 'lump' on left breast?!?

(2 Posts)
Timri Sun 14-Jun-15 23:48:56

About a week and a half ago it felt like I had some some of insect bite or sting on my left breast, about 2 inches above the nipple. It was itchy and I scratched it loads. It went really red, and bruised and looked pretty much like a love bite. I just assumed I had scratched too hard, but the bruise is still there. It's still quite itchy too.
So today I was looking at it, and have become convinced I can feel a lump.
But I'm not sure, I think maybe I've just convinced myself. I go from 100 percent feeling a lump to feeling nothing.
But what is definite is that where I can feel this 'lump' that small section of my breast feels numb. And I can't feel the 'lump' with my fingers, I can feel it inside my breast.
Does that make sense?
I'm going to make a GP appointment tomorrow, just to get it double checked, just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar.

lucsnowe Sun 14-Jun-15 23:53:41

Try not to worry, and see what the GP says. It could well be a bite, the itchiness makes it sound like one. Also, bites often do seem to have a lump underneath them. And the redness can take ages to go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now