Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MRI and burning sensation.

(5 Posts)
Cantkinsale Sun 14-Jun-15 17:40:48

Had an MRI of the abdomen and pelvis recently, and could feel heat (thought nothing of it at the time). An hour or so later it felt as tho I was wetting myself with hot water running down me. I hadn't, it was just that sensation.

Anyone else had this? Should I mention it to the consultant when I go for the results, or is this normal? Not my first MRI and definitely didn't happen the last time.

PolyesterBride Sun 14-Jun-15 17:43:25

Did you have a contrast injection? Not sure if they do that for MRIs but if you have a CT they do and that makes you feel like you're weeing. That happens right away though. Probably not very helpful but that's all I could think of!

Cantkinsale Sun 14-Jun-15 17:48:56

I did have the dye , yes. Never had a CT before. Weird it didn't happen the last time tho (also with the dye). I do have fluid filled cysts, it was as if one leaked if that makes sense.

Twodogsandahooch Sun 14-Jun-15 18:24:29

Definitely likely to be a reaction to the contrast (dye) they used rather than the MRI.

www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/radiology/gadolinium-dotarem-contrast-injection.pdf

Cantkinsale Sun 14-Jun-15 18:59:17

Two dogs, thank you for the link. Good to know it's normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now