Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Getting results

(4 Posts)
minilegofigure Sun 14-Jun-15 11:43:23

I had a biopsy last week and get results this week. I haven't told many people. DH is working. He hasn't offered to come. So I'm going on my own. Is this foolish? Should I try to get someone to come with me. Torn between not wanting to make a fuss but worried if it's bad news I'll be all on my own.

ConfusedInBath Sun 14-Jun-15 21:09:53

Hi mini,

Has the GP/consultant indicated there could be worrying news? Or is it a routine test? In the past year I've had a breast/uterine and gallnladder biopsy. I went on my own for all of them. Tbh I'd rather have gone alone, I can't cope with someone else worrying.

Have you got a friend you could confide in?

Fingers crossed for you. it"s horrible waiting.

nikki1978 Sun 14-Jun-15 21:14:04

Tell your DH you need him to come!

minilegofigure Sun 14-Jun-15 22:34:11

Thanks for replying.
Confused, the consultant was fairly reassuring about it and said they were checking to be on the safe side. So hopefully it will be ok. I was feeling ok about going on my own but then started to feel a bit anxious.

Nikki. I have, the problem is his job is a bit at risk at the moment and he has something important going on. Too be fair I have been downplaying the biopsy to him as I know he has a lot on. I am annoyed with the situation though and now feeling a bit unlovedhmm.
Tricky. Confused I will do as you did I go alone. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now