Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've got an ice burn on my face from an ice cube. Help!!!!!!!!!! :(

(6 Posts)
BethanyGiles123 Fri 12-Jun-15 11:00:41

Hi there, guys! I did the most stupid thing of researching the internet for how to get rid of acne and acne scars, and was reading how to use an ice cube to the face would do the trick.
I applied it directly to my face (I know I shouldn't have done, I now know that I should have wrapped it up in a cloth first because I have sensitive skin!) for about 2-5 minutes, patted my face with a towel afterwards and applied moisturiser, and then went to bed.
I woke up and both of my cheeks are red and slightly tingly. I think I have an ice burn. My Mum told me to put Sudocrem on it. Is there any other way of getting rid of an ice burn on the face? How long does it take for the redness and tingling to go and return back to normal? Should I let it heal on its own? Is this for life? Should I stick to Sudocrem?
Please help, I'm really worried! sad please put my mind at rest.
Thank you!

ppeatfruit Fri 12-Jun-15 13:56:39

I use alternative remedies all the time and the best thing to use on burns is lavender essential oil; mix 2 or 3 drops with half a cup of filtered water and put it on gently twice or 3 times a day.

It works on anything, like cuts or eczema and acne too.

BethanyGiles123 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:59:29

Thank you so much, I'll give those a try and see how it goes. I've also used aloe vera gel and both of my cheeks have pretty much got back to normal within a day. Gosh, that was so close! :S phew

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 12-Jun-15 18:20:37

Applying honey is a good remedy for normal burns - probably worth a try.
good luck

maggiso Fri 12-Jun-15 20:15:10

Aloe vera is good on all types of minor (skin intact but red) burns.

BethanyGiles123 Fri 12-Jun-15 21:58:05

Do all of these remedies work on ice burns too? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now