Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

An ' infection'

(5 Posts)
Chippychop Thu 11-Jun-15 21:54:07

DH had a boil under his arm 2 weeks ago he was given anti b's and took them until it popped (sadly I wasn't there to witness the gooey mess). He didn't take the anti b's after that. Anyway he came home from work early yesterday feeling dreadful and a very painful bum after a quick trip to the docs he's been told he has an infection (it's not piles or a fissure). He's got more anti b's and promises to take the course. But he's in such agony and he's been cold and tired all day, barely able to walk he's been in bed all day. When will the anti's start to work? Can he take ibuprofen and paracetamol and his anti biotics? Any other helpful suggestions?

shadowfax07 Fri 12-Jun-15 00:06:47

What anti B's has he been prescribed?

goodasitgets Fri 12-Jun-15 00:56:26

Yes he can take the painkillers. Can take ibruprofen and paracetomol together with the antibiotics

Twodogsandahooch Fri 12-Jun-15 08:05:51

If he doesn't feel better today I would go back. Abscesses and boils in the bottom area often require lancing rather than antibiotics alone.

Chippychop Fri 12-Jun-15 16:08:25

He's on floxacillon. I called the on cal dr at midnight night as he was in so much pain and he left co-codamol at a&e for me to collect which seem to be taking some of the pain away . There seems to be swelling to the right of the perinium- no head (no klaxon winkyet) hopefully this will reduce when the anti b's kick in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now