Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First smear swollen internally?

(2 Posts)
Louise2490 Thu 11-Jun-15 08:01:03

Hello smile
I'm new to all this so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

Yesterday I went for my first smear. I was not relaxed in the slightest - that's just me. After trying the long speculum, she swapped to the smaller one but couldn't find my cervix, so the lovely nurse went and got another lovely nurse. They both asked me to give some deep coughs as my cervix is high and it can sometimes help it to drop but it didn't. She swapped to the longer speculum, but still couldn't see it. She went for the Doctor who looked and I heard her whispering about me being referred.

Later the nurse filled in my notes and read them back to me and she said that the coloscopy place is a lot better as they have proper beds etc. She also told me that they couldn't see my cervix at all and my insides are quite swollen and when I asked why she said that she wasn't sure and the coloscopy team will be able to find out more. She never said that the referral was urgent so I'm ringing the doctors today to check that it isn't.

To say I'm petrified would be sugar-coating it. I can't stop crying. Why are my insides swollen and where is my cervix?!

Has anyone else had this problem before?

I've been swabbed before in the Gum clinic for sexual health screening and she never mentioned any problems finding anything then, and I'm also sexually active if that makes any difference?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks smile x

WanderWomble Thu 11-Jun-15 22:53:03

You can't lose your cervix. It'll be there, I promise. smile It just means that the nurse couldn't see it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now