Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blocked ears, again!

(2 Posts)
TrickyTreeLou Wed 10-Jun-15 20:35:53

I regularly get blocked ears. Usually with wax, sometimes with wax and dead skin as well. Ugh! It runs in my family, both my parents have had problems. I apparently have very narrow ear canals that make even a small amount of wax cause me problems. Wax never falls out of my ear!

My doctors are ok about suctioning, but I am needing it done more and more, usually 2 or 3 times a year.

Is there any home remedies anyone has tried that has been successful?

I can't put anything other than Olive Oil in my ear as it makes my ears sore and itchy. But this never removes the wax, it usually makes it worse for several days. I do put olive oil in once a week to try and prevent build up, but it doesn't work. I've tried the bulb syringe thingie, doesn't work.

I had to make another appointment (for 2 weeks time!) to have them suctioned. Receptionist made me feel guilty for having them done again.

Any tips/experiences appreciated. I know it's not serious but for something relatively minor the amount of hassle it causes is silly. And I hate not being able to hear properly!

SuperGaGa Wed 10-Jun-15 21:13:54

I have to have my ears done once a year. Sometimes I wake up totally blocked. If I start with the Almond oil daily it seems to help. That and steam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now