Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bed wetting alarms. Recommendations?

(5 Posts)
AnguaVonUberwald Wed 10-Jun-15 19:52:53

Ds2 5.5 is wet everynight. Maybe one dry nappy a month. It's really bothering him. He often gets upset at having pull-ups on at night and makes me check every morning in case they are dry.

Two questions.
Is he too young for a bed wetting alarm?
Which one would you recommend, or not recommend?

WhenMarnieWasThere Wed 10-Jun-15 20:12:19

I found them useless. We got one online and while it was loud enough to wake me and the rest of the street house, dd slept on oblivious. It hurt my ears to get close enough to switch have it off, but she didn't stir.

WhenMarnieWasThere Wed 10-Jun-15 20:14:51

Wet every night means he's not really ready for an alarm I don't think.

Dd was refused a referral to the enuresis clinic until she was 9. They prescribed something which helped a bit, but not much and it was basically a matter of waiting til she was ready to be dry.

She was completely dry at about 12.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 10-Jun-15 20:20:23

We used wet stop when dd was 7, it worked in a week. It might be worth a go, we had a very heavy sleeper, the alarm woke her and got her up.

AnguaVonUberwald Wed 10-Jun-15 21:20:20

whenmarnie interesting, thanks. They are not cheap so don't want to spend a lot of money if no chance they will work, but think given ds's distress it's time to try something.

Toomanydicks thanks, will look that up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now