Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Agonising shoulder blade/back pain

(6 Posts)
sherbetlemonD Mon 08-Jun-15 23:32:01

Literally a constant dull throbbing in my shoulder blade/upper back. No idea whats caused it but has been niggling me for a few weeks. Doesn't help that I have a job that involves heavy lifting- but I have to work. Even just light pressure hurts. Ibuprofen slightly took the edge off earlier.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sometimes it even spreads down into my chest. It's just on my right hand side. I do smoke/vape so i'm wondering if there is a connection.

AlpacaMyBags Mon 08-Jun-15 23:33:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shadowfax07 Tue 09-Jun-15 00:22:18

See a sports injury physio, I get really tight round that area, (and have done for years), and a massage and manipulation from mine really helps. I vape too, and generally have felt better since I stopped smoking and started gaping.

Dowser Tue 16-Jun-15 22:27:30

I often get it but am managing it as I didn't get a lot of help from my GP.

This helped me but may not help you so please bear that in mind.

I finally came to the conclusion that it seemed to be digestive related. I changed my diet radically 3 years ago and cut out wheat/ gluten.

I got a bad bout after eating ice cream so dairy went too.

I addressed the constipation I was occasionally getting which often triggered an attack.

Trapped wind also seemed to be a problem . So colpermin, bicarbonate of soda helped. I took probiotics daily and digestive enzymes.

8 weeks ago I cut out sugar.

I have regular back massages at my osteopaths to rule out any tightness in my back.

I started the day ith a cup of warm water with lemon juice.

A drop of peppermint oil in hot water helps too.

Keeping regular helps. I take vegetables with most meals. I drink nettle tea. If you live near a tiger store they do a brilliant ginger one.

I make my own kefir and sauerkraut. Google Donna Schwenk.

I take supplements every day.

I had a colonoscopy. All fine. I also gave up pain killers two years ago. I felt they were gumming up the works. That has really helped. I know if I have a pain then I need to address it and not mask it.

The pain I get is excruciating and I know I live a pretty tough regime but believe me it's so much better than THAT pain.

This may have nothing to do with your pain but it's taken me years and I mean years to get to this point of understanding.

So, if I can help you circumvent years of pain and frustration then I hope this helps.

I haven't cured it but I'm finally on top of it. It's taken at least twenty years.

FoylesForBooks Wed 17-Jun-15 21:11:43

Are you def not pregnant - can be sign of ectopic

Pumpeedo Wed 17-Jun-15 21:15:11

Strained muscle, gall bladder or irritated bowel. Gall bladder is excruciating (second only to heart attack), irritated bowel is nerve pain so also v painful, pulled muscle sore but not desperate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now