Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worrying returned ��7357;�

(11 Posts)
Meganlillymai Mon 08-Jun-15 20:51:22

Hi guys! It's been over a year since being on this now as my anxiety had all most vanished! Till lately. So found a swollen gland under my jaw that went hard and never returned to normal size. Has never grew infact has shrunk since but googled it back then to find out it could be LYMPHOMA CANCER!!! So of course i panicked. Now after 2 years I'm panicking again!!! Think I would no by now if it was something so sinister????? HELP

Meganlillymai Mon 08-Jun-15 21:04:09

Somebody please reply

Jellykat Mon 08-Jun-15 21:25:20

Hi Megan, just to say i have had a swollen gland under my neck for over 25 years, GP explained to me many years ago, that sometimes they just don't go down again. If you feel fine and have no other symptoms after 2 years, i would say it's very very unlikely to be as you fear.
If you are really concerned, why not pop in to see your GP for piece of mind.. Oo and you know the MN mantra, do not google symptoms smile

Meganlillymai Mon 08-Jun-15 21:30:05

I've told my Gp of my worries as I'm on mess for health anxiety. It's because I've had this head ache for around a week I keep thinking my body is now riddled with lymphoma because I've left it to long. Terrified to tell my doctor

iamadaftcoo Mon 08-Jun-15 21:38:46

I have terrible health anxiety. Really feel for you.

However, if it makes you feel better, I have two swollen lymph nodes on my neck. They have been there for about seven years. Were checked out by a doctor back then. Am fine. Sometimes they do swell up and don't go down properly.

Lymph nodes that are something to worry about are generally hard, and do not move about. If you are worried, see the GP. But I'm sure you're fine.

Meganlillymai Mon 08-Jun-15 22:26:33

Thanks for commenting iamadaftcoo. It is hard but always has been. I have calmed down a bit now thank god just hate being such a worrier x

iamadaftcoo Mon 08-Jun-15 22:42:03

I know, it's really awful isn't it. Especially when you are constantly dismissed!

girlandboy Tue 09-Jun-15 17:22:57

Please try not to worry. I have a gland under my jaw that became hard and a bit prominent really. It was my salivary gland, and I had a little stone in it which was blocking the little tube that the saliva travels down.
I had an x-ray which showed nothing so the doctor advised that I should I spend a week or two sucking lemons and eating sour sweets (great for the teeth!) and it cleared it!
Mine comes up and down intermittently, but I know what to do now. I seem to make a little stone every few weeks.
See your doctor and explain your symptoms, and ask if it's your salivary gland.

Meganlillymai Tue 09-Jun-15 18:41:56

It's been there 2 years now. If it was a salivary gland would it not have either got worse or gone by now. My gland has literally never changed apart from swell when I'm poorly and gone down when I'm well. Just always stayed hard

girlandboy Tue 09-Jun-15 20:00:27

Hmm, mine comes up and down. But when it's flared up it generally gets bigger and smaller when I eat or drink. It can get big enough for other people to see it (think hamster!) But I've not had a flare up for a month or more now, however I can still feel it.
But it doesn't swell when I'm unwell, unless it's by coincidence.
A colleague of mine has pretty much what you describe, hers has never gone and it was just like Jellykat describes. Her gland came up and has never really gone away. Please see the doctor soon to put your mind at rest.

Meganlillymai Tue 09-Jun-15 20:44:20

My doctor knows me beat she ones mad when I walk in the office haha. I'm such a worrier but she is great. Need to start remembering to take my meds every day and I wouldn't be in this mess again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now