Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cough and cold that lingers for weeks - anyone else experienced this?

(5 Posts)
Blue73 Mon 08-Jun-15 13:01:13

Hello, for a few weeks now I've been feeling awful with a chesty cough and cold. It started out with conjunctivitus, which i went to the Drs with, then went to my nose, throat and chest. It started to clear, then family came to stay and two of them have had chesty coughs so mine has kicked off again. It just seems to linger, and when I think it's clearing, I wake up and the symptoms start again. I've met a couple of other people who report similar symptoms, and again that it's taken months to shift the illness. Has anyone else had this, and if so, any advice on how to shift it? Cheers

WanderWomble Mon 08-Jun-15 18:58:59

I have it and have been to the doc's today. She said it's a virus and there's nothing they can do. The cough is bloody miserable though!

Blue73 Fri 12-Jun-15 21:11:55

Yep I've heard that too. My Dr has given me antibiotics, which I was loathe to take but they have helped and while I still have a cough, I can at least get on with stuff without feeling like I'm going to faint!

Trumpton Fri 12-Jun-15 21:17:59

Started with mine on 4th April , had antibiotics early May , didn't feel right until last week. So about 8 weeks in all.
When I went to the Drs he said between 7 to 8 weeks.
It's a horrible bug. You have my sympathy .

LeChien Fri 12-Jun-15 21:36:09

Yes, dd and I had it. Coughing for nearly three months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now