Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Resting BPM of 90+ !!!

(7 Posts)
HellKitty Mon 08-Jun-15 08:27:31

I'm 47, have been feeling under the weather and due to low (12) Vit D levels have been prescribed some by the GP. I'm normally a pretty bad sleeper but managed 9 hours Friday night, up at 7:30am. In the afternoon I was shattered and went to bed. Thought I'd doze but had a 3 hour sleep. Came down and felt a bit 'woozy' and faint. Sugars were high - 7.1, DP is diabetic so used his tester. For 'fun' he suggested the BPM app on his phone. It was 91.

I've been testing on and off since and haven't got below 81.

Er, should I panic?
Thanks confused

NCIS Mon 08-Jun-15 14:51:56

No, it'll certainly go up if you panic! smile

When you say resting what do you mean? Resting pulse normally only applies to just after you wake up.
I find most people are in the 70-90 range during the day unless they're very fit or on medication.

HellKitty Mon 08-Jun-15 15:37:28

You angel grin
I guess because my blood pressure has always been ok I 'may' have slightly over panicked at my BPM!

NCIS Mon 08-Jun-15 18:54:30

grin
Those apps are notorious for mis-reading pulses, better to feel and count it yourself then you get an idea of the regularity as well as the rate, just like it's a good idea to get a manual blood pressure rather than a machine one.

You also might be brewing a mild infection, that would explain the slightly raised blood sugar, very slightly raised pulse and tiredness. The additional Vitamin D should make you feel much better, I've been taking it for a few months now and feel tonnes better.

NCIS Sat 13-Jun-15 19:51:20

Just done my pulse on the Babylon health app I'm testing and it's overead by 15 BPM!!!! Just proves how inaccurate they can be.

HeresMyBrightIdea Sat 13-Jun-15 19:54:23

Mine is 61 during the day, like clockwork. Goes down to 53 if I'm feeling under the weather or really stressed.

I don't think 91 is anything to worry about, especially if it's stable.

Pigleychez Thu 18-Jun-15 17:54:25

interesting reading..

My Dh had his Bp tested at the surgery this week. 130/88 the nurse made it sound really bad and has arranged more appointments for him to be retested over the next 2 months.
His been testing at home too on our own machine (I had high BP during both pregnancy's) and its always been between 81-88. Does that sound anything to worry about. I think she's made DH (inwardly) worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now