Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fexofenadrine - side effects?

(11 Posts)
Katymac Sun 07-Jun-15 15:03:15

Are there any side effects to taking this fairly long term?

I've had an odd side effect (not seemingly in the paperwork) that is quite beneficial & I don't want to build my hopes up if I can only take it sporadically or occasionally

KatharineClifton Sun 07-Jun-15 15:06:42

Do you mean Fexofenadine/Telfast? If so then I've taken it for years, mostly in summer but sometimes throughout year with no side-effects.

Katymac Sun 07-Jun-15 15:09:42

Oh lovely

That sounds good

DoItTooJulia Sun 07-Jun-15 15:12:22

This is my second summer on it and I have no side effects. And I can walk past someone mowing a lawn without being reduced to a snivelling, red eyed wreck! Amazing stuff!

Katymac Sun 07-Jun-15 15:23:56

Sounding better all the time

KatharineClifton Sun 07-Jun-15 15:29:04

I'm curious as to the magic side effect now though?

Katymac Sun 07-Jun-15 15:34:02

I have IBS & I have a majorly restricted diet

When I am taking it - I get almost constipated which tbh is fabulous and means I can eat a less restricted diet

KatharineClifton Sun 07-Jun-15 15:37:54

Good stuff. Funnily enough I was reading about food intolerances and was very surprised to find there is a wide range of histamine producing foods!

Katymac Sun 07-Jun-15 15:50:43

I guess I'd better start reading up about it

I didn't even know it was a possible 'thing'

Can I buy them over the counter?

NCIS Mon 08-Jun-15 22:04:11

They are prescription only, never had that side effect , or any other to be honest and I take them all year round.

Katymac Tue 09-Jun-15 17:47:28

I rang the surgery & I can have another months worth; but might have to see the GP after that

Can I get into trouble for taking things for what they aren't used for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now