Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh ffs ibd??

(7 Posts)
MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 07-Jun-15 11:07:05

Long story short

Diarrhoea/constipation and other unmentionables. Had a colonoscopy about a month ago which they told me at the time looked pretty clear. They took biopsies and said I should just wait for the results

I had been expecting/been geared up for ibd when I went for the test. However I just heard the 'clear' bit afterwards, and although I've spent a lot of time rushing to the toilet etc since, I'd put it in the Nothing To Worry About box in my head

Yesterday I got a note from the consultant, saying that the biopsies showed inflammation after all, and I should go to my gp and ask for asacol. I assumed this was a diarrhoea med, looked it up and found it's used for ibd

Now I've no idea if they think it's Crohn's, colitis, or a baby form of ibd (??is that even a thing) and have to wait till I have an appointment with the consultant in July, just before my holiday <wails>

I was ok about this yesterday, now I cant stop snivelling and feeling sorry for myself

I don't want to be the one who has to scope everywhere for toilets. (although tbh I am her already)

I really don't

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 07-Jun-15 11:07:46

Ahaha that wasn't short at all, was it

grin

SurlyCue Sun 07-Jun-15 11:10:44

Well if it is, it is. better to get a diagnosis and start on managing it as best you can. its not great, i agree but IBD isnt the worse thing it could have been IYSWIM?

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 07-Jun-15 11:33:03

yeah, I know dat

but I just can't be arsed with today. There's a party on our street for the Big Lunch, which is lovely, but I just fancy sloping off to the pictures on my own where it's nice and cold and dark

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 07-Jun-15 11:35:24

<ponders> when I got my coeliac dx 4 years ago, I said ooh, at least it's not colitis

now- ooh, at least it's not cancer

I'm the Colon Pollyanna

feekerry Sun 07-Jun-15 20:44:50

I have just been diagnosed with uc. Asa is what I have been prescribed. Used to treat mild to moderate inflammation so I was told.
I see your point but given the symptoms I was mighty relived it wasn't worse if you catch my drift!

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sun 07-Jun-15 21:01:26

How're you finding it, fee?

does it work?

and do you pronounce it Arse a col

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now